[vc_row][vc_column][vc_tta_accordion][vc_tta_section title=”How to Ask a Question?” tab_id=”1522422466284-b40f3366-6e5c”][vc_column_text]
- Please first decide if your question is relevant to the ‘Litigation Forum’ or to the ‘Discussion Forum’
- Press the relevant forum button: “Add topic” under the Discussion Forum (First select theme)or “Ask Question” under “the Litigation Forum”
- Choose a Short Title that would allow the other users to understand the essence of your query (7 words maximum), e.g. “evidentiary requirement for Dublin family unity cases”, “returns to Afghanistan”, “duration of residence permits for SPB”.
- Indicate the deadline for the response
- Publish your question and if necessary upload a document
- Remember to select a question category (ex: Dublin; Reception Conditions; etc.).
- Add the Tags relating to your question. Tags/categories are displayed all along the right side of the page. Clicking on a Tag will allow you to add it to your post. The Tags are predetermined, if you think that an important Tag is missing, please contact the forum through the button “contact us” and suggest adding the tag.
- Select a Status. “Public” would allow all the users to see your questions. “Only Me & Admin” will allow only you and ECRE to see this question. Where relevant ECRE will share it with the ELENA coordinators.
You can also click a topic to read an existing discussion. Scroll to the bottom of the page and enter your comment, if desired.
Users of the platform can choose to be informed about new posts related to a specific tag/topic and subscribing to the Forums and Sub-Forums they would like to follow up on; and they will be notified by email about new posts. You can also unsubscribe from a topic when no longer interested, through My Profile/ Subscriptions.[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”What are tags?” tab_id=”1522422096895-ce448f28-c9e8″][vc_column_text]Tags are a useful way to search for threads with similar subject matter and content. This complements the normal search system, which searches only for certain words or phrases and/or posts by specific users.
To use tags, you add words or phrases to threads to help describe the content. For instance, if the subject matter is ‘detention’ then you can add the tag ‘detention’ to the tag list. But you could also add tags like ‘length’, and ‘grounds’ (depending, of course, on the nature of the thread).
This will categorize this thread with all other threads that have matching tags, whether or not they have the word ‘detention’ in the content of the question.[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Who adds the tags?” tab_id=”1522422096949-c1e1e0d5-2789″][vc_column_text]Tags are initially added to threads by the user who started the thread. The Administrator of the platform may also be able to add and remove tags.[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”How do I use tags?” tab_id=”1522422206811-ee6cd8cf-206f”][vc_column_text]Tags/categories are displayed all along the right side of the Litigation Forum and Discussion Forum pages. Clicking on a tag will allow you to view other threads that have the same tag – and which may be related.[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”How to search a specific forum or thread?” tab_id=”1522422235963-b109406d-198e”][vc_column_text]You can quickly search for a thread or post within it by clicking on the ‘What do you want to know’ link near the top of the page (it’s above the list of threads) and free typing the world/thread you are looking for. You can also search for individual posts using the ‘Filter’ link at the top of any thread view page.[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Add Events” tab_id=”1522423400980-f3bdbf38-e986″][vc_column_text]This section allows the Administrator and the users to add useful events relevant for asylum lawyers. Please click on the date the event takes place, add a short name e.g. “ELENA course” and a link to the event page providing all the relevant information.[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”News ” tab_id=”1522423449935-071b8887-d5fc”][vc_column_text]This section will allow the Administrator to post vacancies, relevant news items from the ELENA Weekly Legal Update and other relevant news concerning developments in asylum law and jurisprudence.
Please contact the administrator by pressing “Contact” should you wish to add information relating to a vacancy or news items that should be posted on the ELENA Weekly Legal Update.[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”About Index” tab_id=”1522423501504-a8a85144-696a”][vc_column_text]This section will include an updated list of all ELENA coordinators and the ELENA Index updated by domestic coordinators and ECRE on an annual basis.
The ELENA Index of useful addresses lists organisations and individuals providing legal services and other forms of support to refugees and asylum seekers in Europe. It is not intended to be a complete directory of all organisations and persons active in the asylum field, but reflects the information provided by the ELENA Coordinators in the various countries. This list is only indicative of lawyers and organisations operating in this field and is not a formal endorsement by the ELENA network. The ELENA Index is meant to serve as a tool for lawyers and legal counsellors participating in the European Legal Network on Asylum in their daily counselling and advocacy work. It provides addresses of colleagues and organisations in other countries which are useful when working with refugee and asylum law.[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Contact” tab_id=”1522423552151-d7190656-e749″][vc_column_text]This section allows you to contact the Administrator in order to:
- Report an issue with the platform;
- Ask a question relating to the general functioning of the platform;
- Ask the administrator to post information in the News section or the EWLU.
Please note that the average time of a response is 3 – 5 working days which may be increased if ECRE’s office is closed during public holidays or annual events.[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][/vc_tta_accordion][/vc_column][/vc_row]